Interrupting Cow Trivia, a fun new trivia game that you can play online with your friends, is now in open public beta. Based on your feedback from our first MULTIPLAYER TEST-A-THONS last week, we’ve made some very big changes to the way you play the game.
Here’s the feedback we keyed in on, based on what you wrote on our survey:
- The game is too punishing. It stinks to type in the correct answer milliseconds too slowly. (one player described this as suffering a “headshot” the moment he entered the game. Well-put!)
- Most 10-player games ended with 3 players on the scoreboard, and everyone else with zero points. That’s no fun!
- You should be able to accomplish something in the game even if you’re not the fastest typist.
Seriously – how am i supposed to type with THESE THINGS? (Photo used with permission of BarnP)
So since this is a fun game and not grade eight gym class, we took your suggestions and made some changes. Here are the Rules of Play for the next iteration of Interrupting Cow Trivia:
How to Play
- You’ll see a hint and up to three clues fill the screen.
- After the clues are finished, the letters in the answer start to fill in.
- When you know the answer, type it into the blue box and press the ENTER key.
- Everyone has a chance to answer. As your opponents answer, green checkmarks appear beside their player names.
- When all players have answered, or the question times out, we’ll give the Streak to the player who answered first.
- All players earn points according to how quickly they answered.
- All questions are worth 1000 points.
- The longer the question stays on the screen, the fewer points it’s worth.
- The first player to correctly answer a question gets the Streak – a multiplier that boosts a question’s point value.
- The Streaker’s multiplier increases with every question he answers first.
- Any player can break the Streak and become the Streaker by answering first.
BIG thanks to Squize at Gaming Your Way for specifically suggesting these changes, and to all our other testers who suggested similar tweaks. We’ll try these rules out in our next multiplayer test. If they’re great, we’ll keep ‘em! If they suck, we’ll chuck ‘em!
Er … that should say “gamers”, not “children”. Sorry.
Our next scheduled multiplayer beta test, “Everybody Wins!”, is on Thursday January 14 2010. We’ll do two tests:
- Everybody Wins! at 4:00 PM EST
- Everybody Wins! at 8:00 PM EST
If you’ve played the game before, we’d LOVE to hear what you think of the new rules. If you have a friend who’s never played, here’s a fact: WE ADORE VIRGINS. Invite that special someone along to play with you.
The doors open at 4PM and 8PM sharp at InterruptingCowTrivia.com. See you in the game!
[kml_flashembed publishmethod="dynamic" fversion="8.0.0" movie="http://www.untoldentertainment.com/games/interruptingCowTrivia/img/promo/blog_promo_bar.swf" width="545" height="185" targetclass="flashmovie" wmode="transparent"]