Putty Crime: On the Tail of the Foxy Badger is a fun crime-solving game created with modelling clay! Every week, we’ll be looking at a different aspect of production. Whether you’re a fan of Untold Entertainment, a claymation nut, or a designer looking for tips on making your own clay game, you’ll find a lot here to keep you in the know!
Before the Announcement
- Clay Game Attempt #1: Abject Failure Our very first shot at shooting clay for a video game. It didn’t go so well.
- The British Are Coming! Our first hint at the theme of Putty Crime™, including a poll about the fake British town names we wanted to use
- The British Were Here! We post the results of the poll
- Feast Your Eyes on Fingerprints More details on Putty Crime™ as “Codename:Fingerprints” (and later, “Kahoots”) with a teaser shot of a prop
- Fingerprints Bits n’ Pieces Includes a production still of various clay pieces that we’d shot for the game
- Untold Entertainment Announces ‘Kahoots™’, By Jove! The official press release, revealing Codename: Fingerprints to be Kahoots™, a crime-themed puzzle game in clay for the web and the iPhone/iPod Touch. The name of the game was later changed to Putty Crime.
- Kahoots™ to be Offered in Esperanto An April Fool’s Day gag gone awry
- Get a Game Credit in Kahoots™! We announce the upcoming Closed Public Beta, in which our testers can earn a credit in the final product
- The Evolution of a Clay Character in Kahoots™ A look at the various visual treatments we gave the Captain during the creative process
- Beta Test Updates Daily details of progress on the game following the first round of Closed Public Beta test feedback
- Untold Entertainment in KidScreen June 2009 Industry mag KidScreen gives a nod to Kahoots™
- Kahoots™ Intro Cut-Scene The unveiling of the voice of the Chief Inspector, and the animated intro that sets up the plight of Londonton
- Our Release Plan for Kahoots™ Our strategy to release three separate versions of the game across two very different distribution channels.