i was filled with regret when i let this job posting for a CBC Flash developer pass by without comment. Now it looks like they’ve reposted it, after failing to find their developer a few weeks ago.
Why, pray tell, would CBC not be able to fill this position? Let’s take a closer look at the posting. All they’re asking for is:
- a computer science/engineering grad with
- four years experience who knows
- Actionscript 2, Actionscript 3 and OOP and is proficient in
- Web Design
- WC3 DOM
- Photoshop, who also has
- design ability and experience, and experience with
- CVS, as well as content management systems like
- Livesite, and a few
- site documentation skills
If i was this person, i wouldn’t bother slogging through the doldrums of a 9 to 5 at the ‘Ceeb. i’d be melting supervillains with my heat-ray vision. The worldwide dearth of capable Flash developers puts places like the CBC (and Untold Entertainment, for that matter) into more of a “begging” than “choosing” position.